We will make all slides and a list of references available on this page during/after the tutorial.
02:00 - 02:15 Introduction (Marc Streit)
02:15 - 03:15 Part I - What to Link (Hans-Joerg Schulz)
03:15 - 03:40 Part II - How to Link (Alexander Lex)
03:40 - 04:15 Coffee Break
04:15 - 04:50 Part II - How to Link (Alexander Lex)
04:50 - 05:50 Part III - When to Link (Marc Streit)
Part 2 Help: Quality Considerations for Linking Data
Scalability for # items
- How many items can be linked for one relation?
Scalability for # relations
- How many relationships can be shown at the same time?
- Can the links be perceived easily or “preattentively”?
- Can all entities belonging to a relationship be easily identified?
- Is the base representation preserved?
Compatibility to base representation?
- Is the choice of visual encoding for a link suitable for the encoding of the base representation?
- Easy to implement?
- Efficient to implement?