Homepage of Thomas Pock ( pock(at)icg.tugraz.at )
TomPock3D (thanks to Christian Reinbacher)
Short CV (Full CV)
Thomas Pock, born 1978 in Graz, received his MSc (1998-2004) and his PhD (2005-2008) in Computer Engineering (Telematik) from Graz University of Technology. After a Post-doc position at the University of Bonn, he moved back to Graz University of Technology where he has been an Assistant Professor at the Institute for Computer Graphics and Vision. In 2013 Thomas Pock received the START price of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) and the German Pattern recognition award of the German association for pattern recognition (DAGM) and in 2014, Thomas Pock received an starting grant from the European Research Council (ERC). Since June 2014, Thomas Pock is a Professor of Computer Science at Graz University of Technology (AIT Stiftungsprofessur "Mobile Computer Vision") and a principal scientist at the Department of Safety and Security at the Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT). The focus of his research is the development of mathematical models for computer vision and image processing in mobile scenarios as well as the development of efficient algorithms to compute these models.
If you are interested or you want further information, please write me an email.
- 1 open PhD position in the field of learning of deep variational models
- 1 open PostDoc position in the field of efficient convex optimization
- 1 open PostDoc position in the field of industrial computer vision
Master theses and student projects
If you are interested or you need further information on a specific topic, please write me an email.
- AIT-TUG Cooperation (COMOVIS)
- FWF-START Prize Bilevel Optimization for Computer Vision (BIVISION)
- ANR-FWF: Efficient Algorithms for Nonsmooth Optimization in Imaging (EANOI)
- Vision+ project: Variational Shape from Focus (VSF)
- 2014 GCPR Honorable mention award for the paper A Deep Variational Model for Image Segmentation
- 2014 Computer Vision Winter Workshop (CVWW) best paper award in Křtiny for the paper A bi-level view of inpainting - based image compression
- 2013 German Pattern Recognition Award (Deutscher Mustererkennungspreis), more...
- 2013 START Prize of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF), more...
- 2007 Main Prize at the DAGM in Heidelberg for the paper on realtime optical flow
- All papers and software can be downloaded from gpu4vision.org
- Some recent pictures can be found here...